A fresh and innovative hotel calls for a fresh and innovative Executive Chef. And so The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta Hotel could not be more pleased to have Gunter Weber in our kitchen.
Classically trained in French cooking techniques, Weber went to culinary school in Switzerland and was selected for a three-year internship at the Grand Hotel Zermatterhoff, a 5-star boutique hotel.
Weber honed his palate and passion for cooking while traveling the world working in Switzerland, Burma, and Washington, DC. Prior to joining Chase Park Plaza, Weber was the Chef de Cuisine at Hyatt Regency St. Louis. Recognized for his creative cooking and impressive skills, he served on the opening team for two Hyatt Regency hotels in California. As the Executive Chef at Chase Park Plaza, Weber will oversee the entire culinary and kitchen team.
Executive Chef Gunter Weber, The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta Hotel
Beef & Lamb Meatballs:
- ½ large yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic herb mix
- goat cheese
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent, then cool.
- Mix all other ingredients together and portion meatballs at 3 oz each.
- Stuff each with .4 oz of goat cheese
- 1/2 julienned onion
- 1/2 julienned red bell
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 28 oz can plum tomatoes (crushed by hand)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt to taste
- Sauté onions and peppers until onions are translucent
- Add garlic and spices
- Add tomatoes and reduce by half
Season with honey and salt